Frequently Asked Questions
Summer taxes are billed July 1 and are due on September 14th. Winter taxes are billed December 1 and are due on February 14th.
- Washtenaw County: January 1 thru December 31
- Webster Township: April 1 thru March 31
- Schools: July 1 thru June 30
- State Education: October 1 thru September 30
- For School districts that bill in the summer, the summer bill is for July 1 thru December 31
The value of the land, plus the well, waste disposal system and all buildings are added together to come up with an estimate of Market Value. The assessed value is set by the Constitution of the State of Michigan at 50% of Market Value.
*Rental of township hall is temporarily suspended*
Yes, the hall may be rented to Webster Township residents only . There is a form to be completed after reading the Rental Policy. The completed application shall be submitted with a $75.00 deposit and rental fee of $175.00. The deposit will be refunded after the next regular township board meeting if all the conditions on the application have been met.
The rest of the Township: Charter Communications:
The Township cannot answer questions, nor solve problems related to billing and service of your cable company. If you have a complaint about either, please put it in writing to the cable company and send a copy to the Township.
- Township Board: Third Tuesday of every month.
- Planning Commission: Third Wednesday of every month following the Township Board meetings.
- Zoning Board of Appeals: Second Tuesday of the month as a meeting is needed.
- Farmland and Open Space Preservation Board: Second Monday of the month as needed. (6:30 meeting time)
All meetings are held at 7:00 PM the Township Hall.
- Three site plans showing how far from the property lines the structure will be set.
- Three sets of building plans, two of which will be signed and returned to you.
- Your name, address, phone number and parcel ID number should be on all documents.
- For new home construction, you must also include a copy of the driveway permit from Washtenaw County.
- The filing fee for Zoning Permits is $50.00. Payable in cash or by check.
- ** If your project cannot meet the Zoning Ordinance requirements, you can apply to the ZBA for a variance. APPLICATION PACKET FOR ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Burning permits are obtained through the Dexter Area Fire Department. You can reach them at 734-426-4500
Taxes can be paid by credit card through the Tax and Assessing Online lookup page of this website. We cannot accept any credit card payments at the Township Hall
Properties are assessed every year. Tax day is December 31st. Whatever is on the property on that day is assessed for the following year.
Land values are determined through analysis of sales which have taken place in the Township during the past two years.
Our Township Fee schedule is available here FEE SCHEDULE