Tax and Assessing FAQ
Summer taxes are billed July 1 and are due on September 14th. Winter taxes are billed December 1 and are due on February 14th.
- Washtenaw County: January 1 thru December 31
- Webster Township: April 1 thru March 31
- Schools: July 1 thru June 30
- State Education: October 1 thru September 30
- For School districts that bill in the summer, the summer bill is for July 1 thru December 31
The value of the land, plus the well, waste disposal system and all buildings are added together to come up with an estimate of Market Value. The assessed value is set by the Constitution of the State of Michigan at 50% of Market Value.
Taxes can be paid by credit card through the Tax and Assessing Online lookup page of this website. We cannot accept any credit card payments at the Township Hall
Properties are assessed every year. Tax day is December 31st. Whatever is on the property on that day is assessed for the following year.
Land values are determined through analysis of sales which have taken place in the Township during the past two years.